REQUEST EMERGENCY SERVICES
Hoarding vs. Clutter
There is a big difference between hoarding and clutter. Clutter is an accumulation of items, and can often leave a space to look messy. Having too many clothes, or a seriously large collection of something. Most often, the cluttered items have a purpose (and are being used) or have some sort of monetary or personal value.
Hoarding is different from clutter because it is a mental disorder. The individual is unable to part with any of their items, regardless of the fact they likely have zero value. Hoarding also can seriously affect the individual and bring on other health risks.
- It's unsafe
- Too much emotional attachment
- Hard work with little progress
- Legal issues
Call the Professionals!
Lack of progress
first few minutes
within a few hours
after a couple of days
after a week or two
FAQs and Water Damage Tips
Hoarding cleanup is the process of safely and effectively cleaning up a hoarded space, which may involve removing clutter, debris, and other hazardous materials, disinfecting the area, and restoring the space to a safe and livable condition.
If you or someone you know is working through a hoarding situation, please find the below resources for help!
Why Choose Rock Emergency for Hoarding Cleanup?
There are a lot of cleaning companies in the Rochester area, however, not all are trained in hoarding cleanup. Rock Emergency has a process that not only restores your home to pre-hoarding conditions but also does it safely and efficiently.
Following our process checklist, you can rest assured that you and your privacy are what matters most. Some of our most valued points include the following:
- Total home walkthrough and evaluation of items to keep, donate, toss
- Safety evaluation
- A thorough inspection of all items
- Bring ALL cleaning and organizing supplies (including dumpster) to make the process more efficient
- Disposal of all biohazard materials including waste, mold, and sewage
- Salvageable items will be taken to our warehouse and restored and kept safe until they can be returned to the home
- Any damage to the home will be repaired and restored (if applicable)
- Disinfection and Deodorization for the entire home
- Confidentiality and Compassion by all professionals at Rock Emergency
Not every professional cleaning company is capable of working through hoarding situations. Trust that not only are all the professionals at Rock Emergency compassionate, but they are also IICRC-certified and OSHA-compliant.
If you or your loved one needs help with any hoarding or clutter situation, just call Rock Emergency today. We’re in this together, and we are here to help!